This week Willem and I presented at the Modern Management Methods NL conference (formerly known as Lean Kanban NL). We did a presentation about applying frameworks like Cynefin to make sense of what’s happening, in your team, your project, your organisation…
You can download our slides (PDF).
I tweeted a link to a number of links with more information about complexity and cynefin, but @WimHeemskerk kindly pointed out that some of them were broken. So here’s an updated reading list with some additions:
- Cynthia Kurtz and Dave Snowden, The new dynamics of strategy: Sense-making in a complex and complicated world
- Dave Snowden and Peter Stanbridge, The Landscape of Management (PDF)
- Dave Snowden, Multi-ontology sense making; a new simplicity in decision making
- Joseph Pelrine, On Understanding Software Agility— A Social Complexity Point Of View (PDF)
- Liz Keogh, Cynefin for Devs
- Marc Evers, Agile development and retrospective coherence
- … and much more on the Cognitive Edge site
(Updates, 24 Oct 2013)
- Robert Patterson, Why our institutions cannot cope - Machines Don’t do Complexity
- TLCLabs, Our Introduction into Sense-Making & Complexity Thinking
Thanks to Joseph Pelrine for the original list.