In this in depth practical course, you will learn Test Driven Development and master different unit testing techniques, like mocking.
The focus of this course is on improving your unit testing skills, getting a better understanding of what a unit test is,
optimizing test scope and performance, and learning techniques and guidelines for writing and maintaining unit tests.
By participating in this course, you will:
- apply test driven development and mocking techniques to test code in isolation
- apply a number of techniques to break unwanted dependencies in code
- know how to start making changes and adding tests simply and responsibly
- know how to evaluate and improve your unit tests
- understand the system dynamics of unit testing and design debt
… and have fun! – we take pride in creating a fun and effective learning environment, mixing presentations with exercises and hands-on development.
The course consists of a mix of short presentations, live programming demonstrations, and lots of programming exercises.
- Why Unit Testing? – short and long term systemic effects
- Test Driven Development
- Responsibility Driven Design with mocking
- Interaction based vs. state based testing
- Mocking Styles – when to use mocks, stubs, fakes, and dummies
- Hexagonal Architecture - a fresh perspective on software dependencies and test architecture
- Code Smells & Refactorings
- Duration: 2 days
- Training infrastructure (including laptops) will be taken care of
- Basic programming skills required
- This training is available as open enrollment and in-house.
- We deliver this training in The Netherlands, the UK, and Belgium
Please see Test Driven Development in C# on Springest or Test Driven Development in Java on Springest for course schedules and registration or contact us directly.
Although we think we provide something special with this training, we’re not the only supplier. Here’s a list of our collegues in the Netherlands: