In this in depth practical course, you will learn Test Driven Development and master different unit testing techniques, like mocking.
The focus of this course is on improving your unit testing skills, getting a better understanding of what a unit test is, optimizing test scope and performance, and learning techniques and guidelines for writing and maintaining unit tests.
By participating in this course, you will:
- apply test driven development and mocking techniques to test code in isolation
- apply a number of techniques to break unwanted dependencies in code
- know how to start making changes and adding tests simply and responsibly
- know how to evaluate and improve your unit tests
- understand the system dynamics of unit testing and design debt
… and have fun! – we take pride in creating a fun and effective learning environment, mixing presentations with exercises and hands-on development.
The course consists of a mix of short presentations, live programming demonstrations, and lots of programming exercises.
- Why Unit Testing? – short and long term systemic effects
- Test Driven Development
- Responsibility Driven Design with mocking
- Interaction based vs. state based testing
- Mocking Styles – when to use mocks, stubs, fakes, and dummies
- Hexagonal Architecture - a fresh perspective on software dependencies and test architecture
- Code Smells & Refactorings
- Duration: 2 days
- Training infrastructure (including laptops) will be taken care of
- Basic programming skills required
- This training is available as open enrolment and in-house.
|Course||Date & time||Location||Language||Fee|
|Systems Thinking for Sustainable Delivery||16 June 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||registration closed|
|Test Driven Development in Python||30 August & 1 September 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€995 - register|
|Workshop Hexagonal Architecture Hands On||8 September 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€495 - register|
|Workshop Domain Driven Design||15 September, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€495 - register|
|Test Driven Development in Java||20 & 22 September 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€995 - register|
|Systems Thinking for Sustainable Delivery||29 September 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€395 - register|
|Test Driven Development in TypeScript||4 & 6 October 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€995 - register|
|Workshop Hexagonal Architecture Hands On||13 October 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€495 - register|
|Workshop Domain Driven Design||20 October, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€495 - register|
|Test Driven Development in Kotlin||25 & 27 October 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€995 - register|
|Test Driven Development in C++||1 & 3 November 2021, 9:00-17:00 CEST||Remote||English||€995 - register|
Although we think we provide something special with this training, we’re not the only supplier. Here’s a list of our colleagues in the Netherlands: