- Public courses
- Certified Scrum Developer
- Agile Product Development
- Mastering Legacy Code
- Mastering Scrum
- Pimp my Retrospective
- Systems Thinking
- Test Driven Development Masterclass
- Workshop OO Systems Development
- Half day workshops »
Test Driven Development Masterclass
In this in depth practical course, you will learn Test Driven Development and master different unit testing techniques, like mocking and unit testing in legacy code.
The focus of this course is on:
- improving your unit testing skills
- getting a better understanding of what a unit test is
- optimizing test scope and performance
- learning techniques and guidelines for writing and maintaining unit tests
By participating in this course, you will:
- apply test driven development and mocking techniques to test code in isolation
- apply a number of techniques to break unwanted dependencies in code
- know how to start making changes and adding tests simply and responsibly
- know how to evaluate and improve your unit tests
- understand the system dynamics of unit testing and design debt
- have fun! – we take pride in creating a fun and effective learning environment, mixing presentations with exercises and hands-on development.
Software developers, architects, technical team leads, Scrum masters, and agile coaches who seek to become masters of unit testing, so that they are able to deliver better code faster.
- Knowledge of object oriented concepts
- Experience in a programming language with Object/Class features, like Java, C# or Ruby
- Experience working on software development projects
- Basic knowledge of automated testing
The course consists of a mix of short presentations, live programming demonstrations, and lots of programming exercises.
- Why Unit Testing? – short and long term systemic effects
- Test Driven Development
- Taking Test Driven Development to the extreme
- Responsibility Driven Design with mocking
- Interaction based vs. state based testing
- Mocking Styles – when to use mocks, stubs, fakes, and dummies
- Getting Your Tests In: Breaking Dependencies in Code
For the Java and Ruby versions of this course, we will provide laptops with a complete development environment. For the C# version of this course, you need to bring a laptop with Visual Studio (2005 or newer) with NUnit installed.
We will offer this course as an open enrolment course and as an in house course. If you’d like to have this course run at your company, please contact us.
Duration: 2 days, 9:00-17:00
Group size: 8–14 participants
Open enrolment fee (for courses in The Netherlands): € 1050 per participant (exclusive of VAT)
In-company training fee: on request