- Public courses
- Certified Scrum Developer
- Agile Product Development
- Mastering Legacy Code
- Mastering Scrum
- Pimp my Retrospective
- Systems Thinking
- Test Driven Development Masterclass
- Workshop OO Systems Development
- Half day workshops »
When you have learned the basics of agile software development, you might wonder how to actually get things done and get your software out of the door when you go agile. Scrum focuses on coordination and feedback practices, adding technical practices allows teams to grow systems with confidence and safety.
This intensive, hands on course focuses on the down to earth side of working in an agile way: how to plan, build, test, and deploy the software. How to get it done using user stories, test driven development, automated testing, incremental design, relentless refactoring, pair programming, and continuous integration.
Register now or read on for more details.
This course qualifies as the three day technical skills course for the Certified Scrum Developer program. Completing this course as well as a CSM or CSPO course, satisfies the CSD 5 day formal training requirement.
By participating in course, you will:
- learn how to deliver projects on-time and within budget, without compromising on quality
- see the value of eXtreme Programming principles and practices and how Scrum and eXtreme Programming are complementary
- understand how agile values, principles and practices relate
- learn how practices like test driven development, relentless refactoring, incremental design, continuous integration, and pair programming support agile principles and enable to deliver quality software incrementally and how they help to keep on delivering quality software over time
- learn how one can let quality software evolve iteratively and incrementally
- experience the role of testing and test driven development in agile development
- experience how all the different practices work together, through a real mini project
…and you’ll have fun! We take pride in creating a fun and effective learning environment, mixing presentations with simulations, exercises and hands-on development.
Intended audience & prerequisites
Developers, architects, technical project leaders. You will need basic knowledge of agile development and Scrum for this course, e.g. gained through a one day agile workshop or a CSM or CSPO course. Some background in programming is also required.
- eXtreme Programming – values, principles & practices
- Test Driven Development – introduction, live programming demo and hands on exercises
- Mini retrospective
- Agile Architecture & Design
- Smells and Refactoring
- Writing & testing User Stories
- Continuous Integration & End to End Testing
- Mini retrospective
- Bringing it all together, in a 3 iteration micro project
- Course retrospective
Next scheduled public courses:
- 17-19 June 2013, Tilburg,
€2150€1795 if booked before May 25 — register now!
Duration: 3 days, 9:00-17:00
Group size: 6–12 participants
Language: Dutch or English
Programming languages: Ruby; we can deliver in-house Agile Engineering courses also in Java, C# or C++