When you have learned the basics of agile software development, you might wonder how to actually get things done and get your software out of the door when you go agile. Scrum focuses on coordination and feedback practices, adding technical practices allows teams to grow systems with confidence and safety.
This intensive, hands on course focuses on the down to earth side of working in an agile way: how to plan, build, test, and deploy the software. How to get it done using user stories, test driven development, automated testing, incremental design, relentless refactoring, pair programming, and continuous integration.
"Very good and fun course. Nice introduction to a new culture of software development."
"Three very fun and educational days, Good combination of theory/presentation and hands-on exercises."
"Very educational (as I expected); I can definitely apply this in my project"
Scrum Developer Certification
This course satisfies the 3 day technical skills training part for the Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Developer program (CSD). To qualify for Certified Scrum Developer, you need to complete this Agile Engineering course as well as a Certified Scrum Master or Certified Scrum Product Owner course.
This Agile Engineering course is also an excellent way to prepare for the Scrum.org Professional Scrum Developer 1 assessment.
By participating in course, you will:
- learn how to deliver projects on-time and within budget, without compromising on quality
- see the value of eXtreme Programming principles and practices and how Scrum and eXtreme Programming are complementary
- understand how agile values, principles and practices relate
- learn how practices like test driven development, relentless refactoring, incremental design, continuous integration, and pair programming support agile principles and enable to deliver quality software incrementally and how they help to keep on delivering quality software over time
- learn how one can let quality software evolve iteratively and incrementally
- experience the role of testing and test driven development in agile development
- experience how all the different practices work together, through a real mini project
... and you’ll have fun! We take pride in creating a fun and effective learning environment, mixing presentations with simulations, exercises and hands-on development.
Intended audience & prerequisites
Developers, architects, technical project leaders. Basic knowledge of agile development and Scrum is needed for this course, e.g. gained through a one day agile workshop or a CSM or CSPO course. Some background in programming is also required.
- eXtreme Programming – values, principles & practices
- Writing User Stories
- Supporting Short Releases through Continuous Integration and Automated Acceptance Testing
- Test Driven Development – introduction, live programming demo and hands on exercises
- Mini retrospective
- Agile Architecture & Design
- Smells and Refactoring
- Responsibility drivend design and CRC cards
- Mini retrospective
- Bringing it all together, in a 3 iteration micro project
- Course retrospective
Duration: 3 days, 9:00-17:00
Group size: 6–12 participants
Language: Dutch, English
Programming languages: Ruby, Java, C#, C++
Open enrolment fee (Netherlands): € 2150 per participant, early bird fee: € 1795 (exclusive of VAT)
Open enrolment fee (London, UK): GBP 1495 per participant, early bird fee: GBP 1295 (exclusive of VAT)